Monthly Archives: November 2013
The day finally arrived to put the finishing touches to the guitar (well, nearly – more on that later). I’m not good with a soldering iron, so I enlisted the help of my good friend Paul Hudson (from dragondreams.org.uk). I’m … Continue reading
The waiting for the pickup rings is now over – the postman just delivered them. My plan now is to get everything put together tomorrow and see how she sounds with all the correct electronics in place. I’m hoping that … Continue reading
While I wait for the last delivery to arrive, I thought I’d run through the list of parts I am using on this guitar. I’ll then mention a couple of parts I bought that aren’t suitable so you can avoid … Continue reading
I have decided to use a non-standard switch for my pickup selection. I had originally intended to use a 5 way rotary switch from StewMac but I couldn’t make it work without routing more material from an already sensitive part … Continue reading
Yesterday I got the machine heads mounted, after eventually tracking down the correct screwdriver for the job. Having put on the tuners, I thought I’d throw the rest of the hardware on to see how it looks/feels/plays. I wasn’t optimistic … Continue reading
This morning I took the clamps off the guitar, and it looks pretty good. Time to motivate myself to finish the finish.
OK, I admit it. I have been putting this off for far too long. The only really irreversible part of the build is gluing in the neck. It’s taken me a good few weeks to convince myself that there’s not … Continue reading